Selecting the Right Kind of Replacement Windows Can Add Substantial Value to Your Home
June 4, 2017
While all home renovations and maintenance are necessary, few add the value that new residential windows do. Although many window companies advertise that they offer the most excellent services, you must keep the following things in mind to avoid having a negative experience.
The range of window selection alternatives offered by your potential replacement windows and doors supplier should be your initial point of inquiry. All reputable and trustworthy businesses provide a wide range of window solutions. These include bow and bay windows, fixed windows, slider tilt windows, hanging windows, and so on. Your windows replacement provider should also be able to offer various replacement options such as a 24 x 60 replacement window or a 1 window replacement.
Their installation expertise is the second quality in a reputable window replacement business. All window replacement businesses can have custom windows and doors made for their customers, but only a select handful have mastered the art of perfect installation. Therefore, always choose the windows replacement company that’s reputable for its experience in error-free installation.
You are entitled to request a cost breakdown of installation, repairs, or replacement services. For instance, if you need installation services of 2 pane windows in separate frames or 2 windows in one frame, request the price quotation to let you know how much it’ll cost. Keep in mind that these companies’ costs include labor and the price of the materials they utilize. Additionally, the cost of installation complexity, glass fittings, and additional hardware options are all-inclusive.
All home repairs and replacement projects are important, but few bring the value that new residential windows bring. In fact, of all of the home maintenance and repair tasks that home owners undertake, the purchase and installation of top line residential windows is considered one of the most significant home maintenance tasks.
Whether you select the virtually maintenance free vinyl replacement windows or another more traditional window installation, replacing the windows in your home can lead to substantial energy savings, as well as add to the value and curb appeal of your home. In fact, home buyers are often more interested in seeing the best windows in a home that they are considering, even more than fawning over the latest and most modern kitchen countertop selections or the most current floor coverings. Home buyers and realtors alike know that interior choices might catch the immediate attention of some, but the real value of a home is determined by construction choices and decisions like the installation of the best windows on the market.
Consider some of these statistics about window selections and how they can add to the value of a home:
- Depending on the material, windows can last 20 years of longer when they are high quality installations and are properly maintained.
- Dual-paned windows are nearly twice as effective at retaining heat and air conditioning compared to single-paned selections.
- 10% to 25% in energy cost increases can be seen when windows that are drafty and let air escape.
- $300 to $700 a window is an average cost for replacement.
- 66% of homeowners are planning on renovating their home, and many of these plans include important upgrades like window replacements.
- 80% return on investment can be the value of a window replacement project, according to the National Association of Realtors.
- 44% of renovation jobs in the year 2012 were for window or door replacement, according to the National Association of Home Builders Remodeling Market Index.
- 45% of the average energy bill goes toward heating, according to the Department of Energy.
- Home owners save save up to 15% a year on energy bills if older double-pane windows in a 2,600-square-foot home are replaced with energy-efficient windows that have low-E coatings, according to the Efficient Windows Collaborative. This coalition of manufacturers, government agencies, and research organizations promotes efficient window technology.