Residential Window Installation Can Add to the Value of Your Home
April 2, 2018
Now that you finally have the roof repairs complete, you are able to move onto the residential window replacement. Fortunately, there is a tax credit for replacement windows so this repair job will be a little less painful. It still takes a significant investment, but the tax credit for replacement windows helps home owners start recouping that investment. In addition, many home owners see a significant reduction in heating and cooling costs when energy efficient windows are installed.
Window installation companies offer a variety of products in a variety of price ranges. Most experts agree, however, that when it comes to investments in your home it is wise to purchase the highest quality products available. Knowing that windows add to the value of your home, for instance, should help you be able to understand the reason to make wise choices.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the commercial and residential window industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- Nearly 66% of homeowners are planning are planning on up coming renovation projects, according to a recent survey.
- Home owners who replace their windows can get back 80% of their investment (ROI), according to the National Association of Realtors.
- 44% of renovation jobs in 2012 year were for window or door replacement, according to the National Association of Home Builders 2012 Remodeling Market Index.
- 45% of the average energy bill goes toward heating, according to the Department of Energy. As an example, for nearly 50% of the Americans who use natural gas for heat, the average cost was $649. New, energy efficient windows can help limit these costs.
- Replacing a window costs an average of $300 to $700 per window.
- Depending on the material, when windows are high quality and properly maintained, they can last 20 years or longer, so they are worth the investment.
Whether you are replacing windows after a recent hail storm or you are making window selections for a new home, few decisions will impact the value of your property like the highest quality energy efficient windows.