When Was the Last TIme That You Had an Exterminator Visit Your Property?
August 1, 2017
What started as a small problem has turned into a major problem requiring rodent control services.
Before your family left for the two week vacation you remember noticing a couple of mouse droppings in the garage. By the time you returned, however, a colony of mice had practically taken over the garage. They had made a mess of the wild bird food that was stored on the lowest shelf, they had eaten through cardboard boxes that held some winter clothing, and they now had dropping throughout the garage. Fortunately, there was enough to keep them busy and happy in the garage and they have not made it the short distance into the home. An immediate call to a company that provides local rodent control services will help you address the problem, and you hope to talk about a regular plan that will keep you from having future problems. Even when you are away for vacation.
Are You Looking for Pest Control Services to Help You with a Growing Problem?
Did you know that in a single year, a female mouse may have five to 10 litters, and that those litters usually consist of five or six young each? Left unchecked, this means that you can have a really big problem in a short amount of time. Whether you are looking for rodent control services or a solution to termite or bed bug problems, addressing the problem sooner rather than later is always a good idea. Many companies offer various types of extermination services, but it is important to work with a company that will respect your needs and will return whenever they are needed. From monthly services to emergency calls, insect and rodent control services can help both home and business owners solve a number of problems.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the extermination needs of many Americans:
- A rodent or insect problem can also include the problem of diseases that can make your house unsafe and unhealthy.
- Cockroaches are not really that picky. In fact, American roaches are more active when the temperature is 70 degrees or higher, but they can actually survive lower temperatures with the right conditions.
- According to some estimates, more than $2 billion is spent every year in the U.S. controlling or preventing termite infestations.
- Letting a small problem slide can turn into a major situation when it comes to mice, cockroaches, and other infestations.
- Letting cockroaches take over your home can cause health implications. American roaches, for instance, have been reported to spread as many as 33 kinds of bacteria, six kinds of parasitic worms, and at least seven other kinds of human pathogens.
- Fire ants currently infest 14 states in the southern portion of America.
- One study indicates that 82% of U.S. homes have mouse allergens.
- Research indicates that the queen of a certain termite species can lay as many as 40,000 eggs a day, so it important that an exterminator understand the process that it takes to take out the queen.
- How sturdy your home is can be affected by termites. In fact, an estimated 15% of new homes have serious structural damages and defects, which may include termite damages.
- Estimates indicate that 20% of homeowners said termites were their main pest concern. These insects can cause structural damage if they are not properly dealt with.
- Let the professionals help you conquer the insect and rodent problems that you have.
- People are often oblivious to the number of insects that share the spaces where we live and work. For instance, scientists estimate there are at least 1.5 million ants on the planet for every one human being.