Home Remodels Can Provide Both Excitement and Stress
May 30, 2017
Remodeling your home could add a lot of amenities to your home for your family. And later, when it’s time to sell your home, perhaps while moving into a bigger space for a growing family, or shrinking the empty nest, the right remodeling projects may increase how much you get. Whether you’re looking at complete restoration services or more limited remodels, you’ll want to prepare before breaking ground.
First, it’s smart to ask contractors for images of what your home might look like after the remodel. If they can’t provide custom images, you can ask for photographs from similar projects. This way, you’ll have a good idea of what you’re getting into.
It’s also wise to select any cabinets, flooring materials, or whatever else before you start work. You’ll want to make sure that you can get all the supplies and materials you need. Otherwise, the project may ground to a halt while your contractors wait on supplies.
Materials can have a big impact on the average cost to redo floors in a house or the average cost to remodel a bedroom. Ultimately, the average cost to rehab a house comes down largely to material costs and labor. Before you begin work, you’ll want to know the average home improvement costs and also specific costs for your project.
Today the work begins.
You have sifted through pages of mosaic tile designs in catalogs and magazines, you have clicked your way through images of mosaic tile patterns online, and you have carried sample mosaic tile designs in a variety of sizes to and from your house, but today the actual work begins.
Simply stated, you cannot wait until the whole work process starts. You have looked at computer generated images of what the project should look like, but you are growing more and more anxious to see the real results. You passes on the more ornate backsplash options, but you are confident that the mosaic tile designs you finally selected will be the perfect match for the kitchen you are remodeling.
Whether you are looking at bathroom floor tiles or stone backsplash tiles for your kitchen, few steps in the process are more exciting than the actual work getting started. It is not until those mosaic tile designs are actually installed in your kitchen, in fact, that you can really see how your design ideas are falling into place. And while some people make all of their selections themselves, many others rely on showroom personnel of interior designers to help find the best option. But no matter who was involved in the selection process, the installation is the crowning moment.
Are You Getting Ready for a Kitchen or Bathroom Remodeling Project?
Basically, there are two major reasons for spending the finances, the time, and the energy to remodel a part or all of your home: personal enjoyment and home value. In fact, it is probably difficult to determine which of these two reasons are the most common. For while some families are just finishing projects for a high school or college graduation party, many others are tackling remodeling efforts in an attempt to improve their home before listing it for sale. N matter which of these reasons are the most important to you, however, there is market research that indicates the kitchen and bathroom remodels are often the most popular, as well as being the projects that bring the higher return on investment (ROI). Consider this information and insight:
- Real estate values are often determined, at least in part, to the latest upgrades and remodeling projects that have been completed in a home.
- Estimates by a Houzz survey indicate that as many as 60% of homeowners in America say they plan to remodel their master bathroom.
- According to a survey by the National Association of Home Builders, 69% of all jobs requested were for kitchen remodeling. This makes this choice the second most popular request.
- Deciding to invest in a remodeling project in your home, especially in the kitchen or bathrooms, gives you the opportunity to install more efficient and easier to maintain products.
- Year long projects are a nightmare when they are being done by the homeowners themselves, but a well planned project completed by a hired contractor can be more relaxing and less problematic.
- Floor, countertop, and backsplash tiles are available in a variety of materials, colors, and sizes. It is important to visit a showroom where you can actually see and feel the options.
- One current popular choice in bathroom remodeling projects is a glass shower enclosures, selected by as many as 79% of homeowners.
- Remodeling kitchen projects, even a minor one, has an average ROI of 82.7%.
- A remodeling investment in your home allows you to further enjoy your current space, as well as adds to the value of your property.
- Countertops in the kitchen are some of the most used surfaces in a home, so it is important to make selections that are easy to clean and maintain, as well as durable.
- Having porcelain tiles in a home is increasingly popular.
- A porcelain tile is fired at a required temperature that falls somewhere between 2200 to 2500 degrees Fahrenheit. These higher firing temperatures, along with the combination of specialized ingredients, produce an extremely dense, hard-wearing, stain resistant tile.
- No ROI is as strong as those achieved with kitchen and bathroom remodels.
- Getting started is the most exciting time of any remodeling project.
- Everyone wants to enjoy the home where they live. Could a kitchen or bathroom remodeling project help you increase enjoyment of your current living space?