Check Out These Cool HVAC Maintenance Tips
August 12, 2015
When it comes to your AC heating and cooling unit, proper maintenance can keep it running for a long time. This can help you keep your house cool and comfortable no matter the temperature outside.
You’ll want to make sure that you regularly check the filters on your AC units. If they get dirty, your HVAC system may become less efficient. You might also be exposed to dustier air. You’ll also want to weatherize your home, including windows. By keeping everything properly sealed, you can save money year-round.
It’s smart to have an air conditioning contractor perform regular maintenance on your HVAC system. These professionals can make sure everything is running correctly. A bit of time spent on maintenance now could save you from a lot of headaches later on.
If you’re looking for AC heating and cooling near me, or an AC service near me contact number, you should look for professionals you can rely on. Check out some customer reviews and also ask for price quotes. When it comes to AC repair jobs, however, quality is often the most important single factor.
It’s also smart to take a moment every few months to look at your heating or cooling bills, and also to check over your AC unit.
During the hot summer months, many of us can’t imagine a life without home air conditioning systems; that’s because these days, practically everyone has an HVAC system. Within the United States, the heating and cooling systems industry is worth just over $70 billion, and it only continues to grow. In the U.S. alone, there are nearly 9,000 heating and cooling service businesses that aim to help your home be at its most comfortable and energy-efficient state.
Even though we all using heating and cooling systems regularly, many of us fail to realize that these HVAC systems require maintenance to run properly. When HVAC systems are maintained correctly, they can last from anywhere from twelve to fifteen years. To keep your heating and cooling systems running at their most optimal and prevent future heating and cooling repair, refer to the following handy tips:
- Filter Checks – to avoid damage and future repairs, check and change your HVAC filters at least every 90 days. This is also a good way to ensure that the air being circulated in your home is clean and free of old dirt and allergens.
- Ceiling Fans – Having ceiling fans in your home are an energy efficient way of optimizing air circulation and will help you to cut cooling utility costs down significantly.
- Weatherize Your Home – Is your home properly weatherized? This means that all air leaks are sealed and all windows are doors are secure around the edges. When your home is weatherized correctly, it prevents indoor cool air from escaping and outdoor air from coming in.
- Registers Open – To prevent any unnecessary strain being placed on your HVAC system, never close more than 20% of your home’s registers at any given moment.
- Annual Checkups – While there’s a great deal you can do on your own, no one knows HVAC systems like a heating and cooling services professional. At the end of every summer, you should get your HVAC inspected for potential damage.