5 Ways to Leave Your Clean Windows Streak-Free
November 19, 2014
When you have great windows, you want to keep them in great shape by washing them and maintaining them. However, eventually they will likely need to be replaced. That’s why you need to look for the best place to get replacement windows in your local area. They can build custom windows that will perfectly match the area where they are installed. Custom windows also add value to your home and give it better curb appeal. The first step in getting beautiful home windows is to decide on which type of windows you want to get.
Many homeowners have custom wood windows built for their home because of the beauty of this type of window. They look great, they perform well and they are a good insulator to keep heat and cool inside your home. The best custom windows for your home often depends on what style your home is. A classical home needs a different set of windows from a home that is mid-century modern. Work with the look and style of your home when you decide on the best windows for it. The windows should flow well with the house as well as being high-quality and durable enough to last for years.
You probably know that window washing is an important part of maintaining a clean and cared-for image in a business or home, and that it preserves the glass (which is porous and can be damaged by pollutants) and even optimizes heat efficiency by letting in the light. But if you’re like many people, you’ve probably also been frustrated by the bane of window washing: streaks.
So what’s the best way to clean windows without streaks being left behind? The obvious (and true) answer is to hire commercial window washing services like Fairfield County Window Washing to make sure your glass is in top shape. But most homeowners feel comfortable handling some residential window washing (at least interiors), and there’s plenty you can do to keep your windows sparkling in between visits from the window washing company. So here are the five tips we think add up to the best way to clean windows without streaks:
- Use Distilled Water If you’re diluting your window washing solution or mixing your own, it’s important to use distilled water. This will prevent the mineral deposits in tap water (especially hard water) from leaving streaks on the glass.
- Try Vinegar If you’re not happy with your current cleaning solution, try a 50/50 mix of vinegar and distilled water. This option may particularly appeal to those who want to minimize the use of synthetic chemical blends and artificial coloring in their household tasks. The only downside of this method is that the vinegar smell will hang around for a bit, so it may not be a good option if you’ve got a sensitive nose.
- Banish Suds Whatever solution you’re using, ensure that it has absolutely no suds. This commonly becomes a problem when window cleaning has been neglected to the point that soap is needed to get dirt off. Those suds will almost always cause streaks.
- Dry Right Once you’ve sprayed on your solution, how should you get it off? Squeegees are used by most professionals, and have the added advantage of removing extra dirt and grime. But they often leave streaks, especially if used in vertical patterns. Paper towels are a common household option, but they leave lint behind in addition to streaks. Some people swear by crumpled-up newspaper, but the ink will often smear over a newly-cleaned window. The simplest option is actually a cotton or microfiber cloth — the latter will provide the best results, and will also dry the most quickly.
- Buff, Don’t Redo If you do end up with a streak, there’s no need to start over with your cleaning and drying process. The simplest solution is just to buff the streak off with a chamois or microfiber pad.
Do you agree with this list? What do you think is the best way to clean windows without streaks? Let us know in the comments.
kc window cleaning, triton gutter cleaning, mike’s window cleaning kansas city, triton window cleaning kansas city, window washer chicago salary, window washing kansas city mo, commercial window cleaning las vegas, kansas city window cleaning llc, shine on window cleaning kansas city, triton window cleaning overland park, window cleaning overland park ks, window washing kansas city, heart of america window cleaning, high rise window cleaning jobs dallas tx, knight window cleaning, a cleaner image kc, triton window cleaning, window cleaning kansas city.