Five Reasons to Use Steel for Commercial and Home Construction Projects
September 23, 2014
Steel has become an increasingly popular material for commercial metal buildings and other construction projects over the years. Aside from being used for the construction of skyscrapers, steel carports and garage buildings are used to protect cars, RVs and boats from the elements. Although it is a widely used resource, many people are still unaware of all of the benefits of steel construction. Some of the advantages of using steel include:
- Environmentally Friendly – One of the lesser known benefits of using steel for commercial metal building and metal carports and garages is that it is a highly reusable resource. Each year in North America alone, over 80 million tons of steel are recycled, and metal buildings are typically constructed with large amounts of recycled steel.
- Durable – As many people probably know, steel is a very strong and very durable metal. Steel buildings and garages can hold up to all sorts of weather conditions, including hail, rain, hurricanes, snow storms and earthquakes. In fact, many people who live in areas that experience many hurricanes each year often rely on steel structures to protect their cars and other belongings. Steel’s durability also means that it lasts longer and requires less maintenance than other building materials.
- Easy to Construct – Steel buildings can be very simple to put together. Many steel structures actually come in DIY construction kits with pre-built steel components that require minimal assembly. Steel buildings generally take less time to build than structures made of other types of materials.
- Easily Adjustable – Many steel construction kits come with parts that are adjustable, so if you change your mind about the shape or size of the original structure you built, it can easily be changed to fit your needs. Steel panels can be expanded or retracted to either increase or decrease the size of a building.
- Cost – Another great benefit of using steel for construction projects is that it is more cost efficient than other building materials, like wood, brick or cement. Plus, thanks to steel’s strength and durability, you save money on maintenance and repairs over time.
Continue reading here: garagebuildings.com