Are You in the Process of Selecting New Lighting Fixtures for Your Home or Office?
November 6, 2017
The plans that need to made whenever you are designing a new home or remodeling an existing house can be extensive. From decisions about contemporary lighting to flooring choices, it is important to make sure that you are able to take the necessary time for choices that you will see every day.
Contemporary lighting professionals can offer many suggestions to their clients and customers, but these decisions need to be carefully considered. The fact that the choices you make on lighting will be a major part of every day means these decisions need to be made carefully. From ambient to task lighting to making sure that you are making energy efficient choices, lighting companies can help you understand their different offerings.
Top Lighting Brands Offer Both Function and Fashion
Unfortunately, many home owners make lighting decisions based on fashion alone. This is a decision, however, that can look great at first glance, but might not be completely functional. High end lighting brands can, for instance, look great in the showroom, but not serve their full purpose in your home. Consider some of these facts and figures about the traditional and contemporary lighting industries and the functions that they need to serve:
- 84% of homeowners renovating their kitchens are upgrading their lighting fixtures, according to the 2017 U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study.
- Among homeowners who upgraded their master bathroom lighting, 67% added wall lights and 50% added recessed lights, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study.
- 46% of renovating homeowners indicate that good lighting is the most important feature in a master bathroom, according to the 2016 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study.
- 7% to 10% of the total energy consumed in a home is accounted for by lighting.
- Fluorescent bulbs are five times more energy effecient than halogen or incandescent bulbs.
- Ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting are the three basic types of lighting used for a home’s interior.
Whether you are considering modern recessed lighting options or you are looking for more traditional fixtures, make sure that you understand not only how these fixtures look, but how they will function as well. Although decisions about furniture can easily be changed in a home, lighting fixtures are a far more permanent part of both your home and office.